Rapporteur for EU Youth Forum
Term of Reference
Rapporteur Team and Editor
EU Youth Forum : Youth Engagement in Food Crops Production and Value Chain
From Ideas to Impact: What supports are needed for Youth in agribusiness and enterpreneurship along the Value Chain.
25 – 26 October 2017, Jakarta
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi- stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP). The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The ASEAN – EU Youth Forum is continuation of the Roundtable Discussion (RTD) on Strengthening Farmers’ Organisations/Agricultural Cooperatives and Attracting Youth in Agriculture, which previously took place on 7 November 2016 at the ASEAN Foundation, Jakarta, Indonesia.
The ASEAN – EU Youth Forum is a collaborative effort between the ASEAN Foundation (AF), EU Jakarta Office, the Consortium of Asian Farmers Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), AgriCord, Collectif Stratégies Alimentaires (CSA), and AsiaDHRRA. The event will take place in ASEAN Secretariat, Jakarta and Bogor (Indonesia) on 25 – 26 October 2017.
Expected Outputs of the event:
Identification of potential areas for cooperation between EU Youth/CEJA and ASEAN Youth through AFOSP programme in cooperation with relevant ASEAN and EU bodies and in partnership with other development partners.
Youth Plan of Action Document under AFOSP both at national level DUTY AND
- Making detailed notes on the Workshop:
- Synopsis of presentations and discussions of all the sessions (including roundtable discussion and peer learning session)
- Main points raised during discussions
- Taking the main points within opening ceremony and closing ceremony speeches.
- Noting down all the recommendations made throughout the discussions during the presentations
- Report to include the main discussions and recommendations made during the proceedings.
- Utilising the notes taken, prepare an ASEAN EU Youth Report
- Draft outline ASEAN EU Youth Report format/dummy report (the information regarding the event/agenda will be made available after 20th October 2017).
- Summary for 25th October 2017 meeting to be used for 26 October’s discussion
- Final Workshop report: edited, proof-read, ready for publication – the ASEAN EU Youth Final Proceeding
- Experience in Rappoteur work (team)
- Highly literate in English
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to analyze, summarize and coherently report on diverse perspectives
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Previous experience at international conferences
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English or English Education Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working on interpreting, translating or proofreading;
- Demonstrated more than 5 years experiences in the documentation of workshops or meetings in an international setting, related to development, intergovernmental processes or consultations.
Time-frame and Fees:
The rapporteur team and editor will work for 6 working days starting from the implementation of the project coordination meeting (24 – 31 October 2017) at the total rate of USD 900 (will transfer in USD, using bank rates). The afore-mentioned amount includes costs incurred, i.e. phone calls, internet, local transportation, and daily allowances during the event. Payment will be made upon completion of the finalized outputs.Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn