Internship for ALSPEAC Coffee Value Chain
Term of Reference
ASEAN Learning Series and Policy Engagement on Agricultural Cooperative (ALSPEAC)
Inclusive Coffee Value Chain
Yogyakarta 19-21 July 2017
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP). The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The role of ASEAN Foundation (AF) in AFOSP is to bridge coordination between relevant sectoral ASEAN bodies under the ASEAN Ministers Meeting on Agriculture and Forestry (AMAF) such as coordination with ASEAN Center for the Development of Agricultural Cooperative (ACEDAC) and ASEAN Sectoral Working Group on Agricultural Cooperative (ASWGAC) with Farmer Organisations
The ASEAN Foundation seeks an intern to support the ASEAN Learning Series and Policy Engagement on Agricultural Cooperative (ALSPEAC) on 19 – 21 July 2017 in Yogyakarta.
The Programme Management Intern provides logistical assistance including finance related matter, minutes taker, liaison, entry data for questionnaire, assist in responding to incoming inquiries by telephone and e-mail, and perform any other relevant duties upon request.
In this process, the intern will gain knowledge of the practical experience in an international working environment, possibility of increasing their understanding of AFOSP objectives, strategies and programmes; and, the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge and skills of young and motivated students whose academic studies in fields relevant to ASEAN Foundation’s activities.
TERM AND CONDITIONS
The interns will not be considered in any respect as being a staff member of ASEAN Foundation and will not accrue benefits.
The intern must keep confidential any and all unpublished information made known to him/her by ASEAN Foundation during the event of the assignment and must not publish any reports or papers based on information obtained or made available to him/her during the event, except with the written authorization of ASEAN Foundation.
- At the end of the assignment the Intern completes the Intern Evaluation Form. The Intern will also be evaluated by his/her supervisor, who will provide an assessment of his/her performance. The evaluation should be discussed with the Intern and a copy should be kept in the Intern’s Personal File. ASEAN Foundation will issue a certificate of participation to interns after completion of the event.
- If possible, interns are requested to bring their own laptop.
The intern should receive a stipend. In order to take into account local circumstances, the amount of the stipend will be the equivalent of IDR 400,000/ day. The intern will stay at the Eastparc Hotel Yogyakarta during the event. ASEAN Foundation will transfer the stipend of 3 days.
How to apply:
Interested students, should send a CV and one page motivation letter (in English) to the e-mail address email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org; please put the subject Internship ALSPEAC
Deadline for Application: 14 June 2017 .
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate or student
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Very good computer skills including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)