Consulting Editor for the Final Proceeding AFOSP ASEAN EXCHANGE VISIT
Consulting Editor for the Final Proceeding
AFOSP ASEAN EXCHANGE VISIT
Strengthening the Role of Agricultural Cooperatives in the Coconut Value Chain Management and Job Creations in Rural Areas
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP).The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The ASEAN Exchange Visit expects the cooperatives personnel and leader may share knowledge on best practices in particular to improve quality and learn other countries’ potential for future business network. It is expected that the visit will enable cooperative personnel and leaders in making their owned, independent decisions with regards to services for members in particular coconut productions and its product processing, creating market opportunities as well as improving women participation along the chain.
The objectives of this event:
- Understand the ASEAN future challenges of coconut production and its value chain;
- Promote open discussions of key issues and challenges in coconut value chain in tackling the uneven pace of economic development across ASEAN;
- Support the implementation of ASEAN Roadmap on Agricultural Cooperatives on Capacity Building.
AFOSP has already recruited a rapporteur in making the first draft of the Final Proceeding. The next stage involves preparing and finalizing the agreed content and structure of the Final Proceeding through writing and editing. In this regard, AFOSP is seeking the expertise of a consulting editor to edit the Final Proceeding in its entirety based on existing draft and the guidance of the Project Manager.
For more information, visit: http://aseanfoundation.org/
The purpose of this procurement is to contract a consulting editor who will be working on the Final Proceeding of the ASEAN Exchange Visit which was held on 24 – 25 October 2018 in Yogyakarta and Purwokerto. The Final Proceeding outlines the overall objectives of the workshop, covering all result from the two-day workshop. This Final Proceeding is intended to be the final report in ensuring the effective and efficient use of resources and as proof of accountability to the donors and other stakeholders.
DESCRIPTION OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the AFOSP Project Manager and overall guidance of the Executive Director, and in close collaboration with relevant staff, the consulting editor will perform the following tasks:
- Edit, copyedit and proof-read the draft final proceeding and produce a final version that will be ready for design and publication. The editing process will include a revision of the current text with tables and figures to achieve an optimal flow of information and presentation of the findings. The editing process might entail substantive re-drafting and synthetizing of parts of the existing text in order to make the report more readable and understandable to non-expert audiences. Design of the report is not included in the tasks of this consultancy.
- Identify key messages to be extracted from the draft final proceeding into two pages of Executive Summary:
- Ensuring their technical soundness based on the evidence presented in the body of final proceeding
- Key points for recommendation.
One edited, copyedited and proofread report, by 28 December 2018.
Two pages Executive Summary (inserted in the body of final proceeding)
TIME FRAME AND RENUMERATION
The consultant will work for 1 days spread out from 15 – 20 August 2018. It is noted that due to the nature of the project, there will be periods of time when no actual writing will occur because the writer will be waiting for either text clearances from ASEAN Foundation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in communication and editing.
- High level English essential.
- Ability to synthesize complex documents into key messages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexible attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Application letter and time table on how the assignment will be carried out completed with clear deliverables
- Curriculum vitae
- Samples of writing
- Financial proposal specifying a total lump sum amount highlighting deliverables.
***Tweet This Share on Facebook Plus on Google+ Share on LinkedIn