Coffee Value Chain Professional for ASEAN Coffee Corner - 7th ACBF
Coffee Value Chain Professional
The 7th ASEAN Cooperative Business Forum
ASEAN Coffee Corner: Promoting ASEAN Coffee
Pan Pacific Hotel, Manila, 16 January 2018
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP).The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The role of ASEAN Foundation (AF) in AFOSP is to bridge coordination between relevant sectoral ASEAN bodies under the ASEAN Ministers Meeting on Agriculture and Forestry (AMAF) such as coordination with ASEAN Center for the Development of Agricultural Cooperative (ACEDAC) and ASEAN Sectoral Working Group on Agricultural Cooperative (ASWGAC) with Farmer Organisations.
The objectives of the event are:
- To provide overview for marketing strategies: regional brand development, marketing objectives, and strategies instruments
- To strengthen the role and position of Agricultural Cooperatives in addressing the opportunities for participating in the global and regional value chain
- To promote joint actions and projects among agricultural cooperatives – private sector – government in the coffee value chain
The ASEAN Foundation kindly request the Sustainable Coffee Platform of Indonesia (SCOPI) to support the promotion for collective marketing on ASEAN Coffee as well as to provide inputs to ASEAN Sectoral Working Group of Agricultural Cooperatives (ASWGAC) pertaining to standard requirements for cross country trading activities on coffee
The Coffee Value Chain Professional will engage and provide inputs to the the ASEAN Coffee Corner with organisers and key stakeholders, and provide recommendation for ASEAN Coffee coordination to ASWGAC.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS is providing advice to ASWGAC on:
Simple, practical and applicable steps to make collective marketing on coffee in place by 2019:
- Information to have regional standardisation or accepted certification (note: ASEAN has regional standard on coffee but it is not yet enforced)
- Tips to market ASEAN Coffee from the perspective of private sector
- Way forward to have collective brand on ASEAN Coffee
ASEAN Foundation will provide:
- Air flight ticket on 16 January 2018
- Local transport and perdiem on 16 January 2018
- Speaker fee of USD 200.